Feb 2, 2007

busy si ynseng

Hindi naman sa nakalimutan ko na ang blog ko… I have the best excuse in the world for not posting sooner --- I have in fact been awfully busy.

I’m [happily] juggling a little too many tasks right now. My fulltime job has been keeping my work hours busy. Fortunately, I now have assignments that I look forward to doing because they provide opportunities for me to truly challenge myself. Medyo nakakangarag lang kasi I have a whole year of IT training courses to design and finish ASAP, and a Trainers’ Training on Tourguiding manual to finish by the end of April. At syempre andyan pa rin ang backlog at intervening assignments.

I also have an interesting part-time knowledge-based telework job. This home-based editing job is challenging enough to keep me on my toes and discover taken-for-granted skills that I want (and need) to master. The work is also pretty innovative --- I actually find myself doing a little research about it. And despite the additional load, getting the job done actually feels kinda liberating!

I’m also in the second semester of my master’s course in Industrial Relations. I have so far enjoyed going back to school, despite the heavy study load. That is, 6 units worth of stress that includes an endless list of reading materials, hunger strikes for the sake of library time, megabites of html, pdf and doc files and other research materials saved in my USB, and never-enough time to read everything... all these for the sake of higher education and deeper social consciousness. I’m learning lessons that I could confidently say will benefit me for life as I learn realities I wouldn’t have understood had I preferred an apathetic life.

*************************


I remember the time when I first set up this a blog. It was about mid last year and I was shamelessly bored and unproductive that I had to find a way to extract some creative juices to fill the hours. (Not that there was nothing at all to do at work. I just didn’t feel compelled nor motivated to do them.)

Hence, my work hours were spent learning the art of web writing, or more specifically, learning to use HTML codes to improve the look of my blog. I’m no artist but this blog keeps me creatively challenged, what with all the innovative technologies booming every second. Nung una, pagsusulat lang ang inaatupag ko. Nakaka-conscious pa kasi hindi naman talaga ako sanay mag-journal. Then I learned how to upload photos and put links in my posts. Then came the scrolling lyrics and the tagboard. Kasama na jan ang pag-personalize ng sidebar ko. And of course, who wouldn’t upload yuotube videos? Nakakaadik!

I’m not sure about this widgets thing though that’s supposed to be the key to the new Blogger Beta. Haven’t used that yet because I’m afraid it might mess up the HTML codes I tried so hard to create. Feeling ancient tuloy ako for getting stuck with html codes instead of [supposedly] conveniently using widgets. And what’s with the BETA thing anyway? Yahoo has them, even webshots and photobucket? Hay. Pag ako lang nagkaron ng panahon, humanda yang ka-beta-han at ka-widget-an na yan...

I should be blogging more often... that should at least keep me sane.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ANCIENT?! hello? i didn't even understand half of the terms you used. neither did i know you made those thingies on your blog yourself [kala ko para lang yun settings na template na! hehehe!]. anyway, hindi ko alam kung maiinggit ba ako, pero tinatamad kasi ekong umeffort. besides, what with my dial-up connection na uber slow, hindi na bale. hahaha! nagpaka-smug na lang?

Unknown said...

no need to be inggit, kasi ng as you said before, you prefer to have friendsters instantly alerted with your new blog posts...

sa blogger you sorta have to keep people interested... or coerced... hehe!